Call your senator and your representative and don’t stop calling. Get your senators and representatives to pledge to oppose Trump’s agenda. Reject his nominees, prolong the process of approving them, draw out hearings on legislation.
- Contact your Senator https://www.senate.gov/senators/contact/
- Contact your Representative http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/
Push progressive causes at your state and local level – environmental reform, progressive taxes, a higher minimum wage, ending gerrymandering, stopping mass incarceration. Make your state a model of what the federal government should do.
- Indivisible Guide – A Practical Guide for Resisting https://www.indivisibleguide.com/
March and demonstrate. The Women’s March on Washington will be the day after the Inauguration. There should be “sister” marches around the country. And then monthly marches against hate. Keep the momentum alive and keep the message going.
- Resistance Marches in Portland, Oregon Inauguration weekend
- Get involved in a resistance event in your area:
Make your city and state sanctuaries that won’t cooperate with federal immigration authorities in deporting undocumented immigrants, especially people who have been here since they were very young.
- Get involved in a resistance event in your area: http://action.unitedwedream.org/calendars/global-day-to-protect-immigrants-refugees
Boycott all Trump products, real estate, hotels, resorts, everything. And then boycott all stores (like Nordstrom) that carry merchandise from Trump family brands.
- Click here for #GrabYourWallet’s comprehensive boycott/support shopper’s guide.
Write letters to the editor of your newspaper and op-eds, with a steady flow of arguments about the fallacies and dangers of Trump’s First 100 Day policies and initiatives.
- Click here for great resources to help you get started.
Contribute to social media with up-to-date daily bulletins on what Trump is up to, and actions in your region in opposition.
- #LoveAction | Follow us on one or all of our social media platforms for daily posts you can easily report/retweet/share.
Contribute to the most effective opposition groups.
- Click here to see our Love Action Coalition Learning List: a non-comprehensive collection of individuals and organizations that we are currently giving our attention – and donations – to.
Make the resistance visible with bumper stickers, lapel pins, wrist bands.
- Online LoveSchwag Store coming soon
Your idea goes here. Meet with family and friends this weekend, and decide what you’ll contribute. How will you put your love in action?